I've had a busy Sunday afternoon at my sewing machine.
I was determined to get some finishes done - and started on my recent 'weenie finishes. (let's not think about the dozen or so bags/cushions that are in progress and draped over the machine shall we???)
I started with 'weenie Spider - Somebody very recently on their blog (and you know what happens when you see a great idea - you keep track of the name so you can give credit where it's due - right? Sorry..once again, I forgot where I saw this idea), used a large glass to make a circle on their fabric - what a great idea and just what I needed for 'Weenie Spider...add a touch of ric-rac (thanks Denise)
I also needed to finish two more cushions - now I have 3 out of the 4 in the series from Carosel Creations - I used some of my new halloween fabric (thanks to Kerry) and again one of the notions from Denise - the Skeleton Ribbon. I also knew I wanted to make prairie points, so experimented with that technique.
I fussy cut some fabric for my other car is a broom and made a mini pillow. To finish up the halloween stitching for today, I fussy cut an owl and a pussycat to sit either side of Friday night's Boo stitch.
I had not finished with the machine....yesterday's Schoolhouse patch was transformed into a pot-holder. I played with the quilting on this one, quilting in the ditch and made a roof and window pattern.
phew!!! I think I acheived quite a bit today - it's always nice to have a proper finish in a week!