Things were happening during October, although I don’t feel that I accomplished much stitching.
I forgot, in my last post to show you the updated Temperature SAL – I stitched all of September and one week into October. I really got enthused over the little yellow house, after all the weeks of blues and greens. It has appeared that the colours will return to blues and greens for the rest of October, as it has been chilly again. I think I’ll be putting lock motifs onto each month March-June and August to October, as it appears we will be out of such strict lockdown in early November. (but enough about Covid talk as there are plenty of other venues to discuss this, and I don’t want to mention it except to placemark it in history)
Something else to get really excited about, was showing off a lovely quilt finish. I finished the flimsy (quilt top) two years ago, it was a MSQC tutorial pattern if I remember correctly, and took me only a weekend to put it together. The intention was always to stitch bees on it, and I did – there are 6 little bumblebees buzzing around the stars, turning them into sunflowers.
I did not overthink the backing fabric, just using two fabrics and not thinking about how wide each panel was going to be. I stitched a label on Aida and incorporated that into the binding.
I really love the overall look. The yellow binding just sets off the whole quilt entirely.
Of course the main excitement, was picking up the prop for the quilt photo-shoot. A BRAND NEW CAR!!!!
HoneyB is a Toyota Hybrid CH-R – the 2020 model. I have waited 18 weeks to pick her up. She drives like a dream. My little Yaris is 14 years old, and somewhat tired. My son will be the new owner of that car. I decided in March that I would get a new car and overthought the process all thw way to the end of June when I made the decision between the Sporty Yellow CH-R or the super safe Subaru sedan – a blue Boxer. The funky yellow colour and the style (and a really good price) was the bit that put me over the line. I’ve had the car a whole 6 days and it will take me several more weeks to learn all the gadgets and bits and bobs.
This past weekend I decided to stitch something for this year’s Halloween. I found a pattern in a 2012 Halloween ornament magazine and scrambled in my fabric collection and specially flosses - a mixture of Dinky Dyes, Six Strand Sweets and Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe. The body of the ravens are perfect for this floss specially dyed for me for another Halloween project a few years ago, by Nancy of The Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe. I like the blue sheen to the black ravens...
The pic makes it look a little bit washed out, no matter what I do. The lettering is not so washed out as it appears. The fabric is called Prank and was part of a Fabric of the Month club some 6 years ago from Picture This Plus. I have all these bits of evenweave in bright colours and I will eventually stitch on them
I hope to take this and another couple of Halloween finishes from a couple of years ago and finish them into cushions in time for Saturday. I doubt if I’ll be going to the extremes of previous years for decorations, might just decorate my stitchy nook. I’ll share pictures with you then.