Sunday, October 24, 2010


Hot off the needle!!  It's a Lizzie Kate that I was working on this week.  I changed all the colours - used mostly Dinky Dyes.  I did originally stitch the 'O', the spiderweb in fluro DMC green, but changed my mind.  It hasn't shown up well here, but you can see it.  If I feel too thingy about it, I might backstitch part of the web in a mid-grey - we'll see how I feel by next week.  
I didn't stitch the little candy corn, but added a few buttons from my stash.  I won't tell you how many times that plastic spider made me jump while stitching the buttons and hanging cord on the back.
I really don't know if I'll stitch any more Halloween things between now and next sunday.  I'm starting to think more and more about my Christmas stitching.

4 comments:

Chars said...

Very cute - ewww to that spider - it really is too realistic looking :(

Deborah said...

Wonderful finish!

Karen 'n Chris said...

Cute buttons. Neat finish to the banner too.
What about single strand bs in sickly green on one side only to make it sort of look like a creepy shadow.
P.S. found some other stuff to show you too!

Kim Hancock said...

Love this one - I've stitched it as well. It's on display with 23 other Halloween / Autumn projects in my house!!