BronnyB on Instagram

Thursday 13 August 2009

A question to ask of my blog followers.....

I'm in a quandry.........
I started this blog as a visual stitchers journal - I admit I was very new to blogging and did not understand the compulsion to collect other blogs and read all the interesting tattle which is going on in other people's lives - admittedly, we all had the one thing in common - Stitching - and I could feast on other people's WIP's and share in the joy of completed UFO's.
I've joined in with competitions - and run a couple of my own. I'm not quite ready to dip my toe into the exchange or RR world yet. I really do not like stitching to obligation deadlines. I've found when I'm committed to something, then life has a way of throwing obstacles in the way which in turn makes the stitching experience unpleasant.
I thought I'd start a foodie blog - and keep forgetting to take photos of splendiferous family meals, but that is not a main focus blog.
It takes me nearly an hour to drive to work, and home again, and I have odd thoughts at times that I think I'd like to share, but then I think this is my stitching journal, but then, I think of all the bloggers that share their family events and triumphs.
My quandry is... should I start yet another blog - just to deal with my daily life and obscure observations and thoughts - OR include my wafflings within this stitchy blog?
What do my followers think?

12 comments:

Billie said...

I include my non-stitching issues in my blog and so do a ton of other bloggers out there. I follow almost 300 blogs and the majority includes their wafflings ;-). By the way, I really like your blog and your stitching!

nutmegg said...

I like to read about other stitchers lives and I also put my life on my blog waffle all you like we will enjoy it.

Carissa said...

I love to read about each stitchers work, but also their lives. I combine both on my blog. I work full-time, have 3 children at home still and have a grandchild on the way with 1 child not at home anymore. I don't have time for multiple blogs. One is enough for me. And if someone DOESN'T want to read about my life, then they can just look past that info and read about my stitching. :)

Annie said...

With limited time to devote to all this, I generally tend to skip long blog posts about things other than stitching unless they are of some particularly special interest. And it makes me nervous to share a lot of my own life outside of stitching on a public web site so I don't do it.

But it's your blog, and it's up to you how much and what kind of information you want to post. Some people do have separate blogs for different areas of their lives, but that seems like a lot of trouble to me.

Rachel S-H said...

I tried to keep my personal thoughts out of my blog, but it was just too hard. So I combine them now.

Kathy said...

I say include life with your stitching. After all stitching is part of your life.

While I love seeing other's finishes and wips it is the little things of daily life that make the blog interesting. I too orginially was only going to talk about stitching but my blog quickly evolved into a little bit about everything. After all what is going on in a persons life does effect their stitching too.

Chars said...

I tried having one blog for personal thoughts/our lives and one for crafts and it just didn't work... I ended up deleting them and I think I am happy with my blog as is..

Its my life and although I don't share everything due to time constraints - I do share some...

Siobhán said...

I say that it's your blog so do with it what you'd like. I think stitching is an important part of my life, but that life has other important bits, too. I try to include some photos and stories about other things here and there but it's mostly stitching. It's just what works for me. Test the waters and see what works for you. It's your blog & you can always change back to whatever format you prefer!

Shebafudge said...

I prefer blogs where I get to know the "owner" a bit more. I don't participate in a lot of groups so I don't get to know stitchers that way.

It's your blog though so make it what you want it to be...I love it and will read it whatever!!

tkdquintmom said...

What I do share, I try to keep to a little...bits of pieces here and there but I look at it this way...it's a form of release too! :) I enjoy hearing what people have been up to on top of their stitching...I mean, is that ALL they do is stitch? Probably not. :)

Karen said...

Sounds like you already have a full plate so having to post to another blog coulrd be difficult. Like the others, I like getting to know other stitchers because it's amazing sometimes how much more you have in common with them.

Cindy F. said...

I put all mine in one blog. I don't always have enough personal or stitching to maintain two. I agree with everyone else. It's nice to venture into other people's lives AND enjoy their stitching.