BronnyB on Instagram

Sunday 16 August 2009

My favourite floss is....

Weeks Dye Works - Ultraviolet !
It is such a wonderful colour. Although I don't celebrate Halloween in Australia - I have always been drawn to the more funky designs. Last year I was fortunate to be gifted the JCS Halloween ornament issue - and several small charts and freebie charts. I was also given some lovely fibres - including Ultraviolet.

I stitched Val's Little Design - Bats in my Hat last year, and from the Ornie issue - fell in Love with La D Da's 'Trick or Treat' and this week picked up another Val's Little Stuff - 'Boo' (featuring the lovely ultraviolet in the hat!- and because I was stitching on black aida - I changed the cat from black to ginger. After all - Pyro could be a halloween cat! (pictured last week when he tripped over a sunbeam and fell asleep instantly)
I also stitched Carosel Creation's 'Spook when Spoken To!' last week. This was a fun and easy stitch - stitched on a moss green soft aida - I've plenty of this and it lends itself well to Halloween black and orange designs.

This morning I picked out ouf my filing cabinet, a Lizzie Kate chart - possibly a freebie - called Spooky Patch. I don't know where this came from, but I stitched it up quickly - no picture yet - sorry.

Hopefully, I can put a few of these Halloween designs behind me for awhile - I need to get the machine out next weekend and have a fit of finishing I think.

I've also had a fit of ebay and have listed a lot of charts - all monies raised to go to the "Bronny needs to buy a sampler stitched in 1840-Fund"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great finishes Bronny. I luuuuuuuuurve Halloween designs

Daffycat said...

Wonderful Halloween designs...I can't wait for your finishing fit!

Pryo is so cute sleeping in the sunshine! Awwww!

Aussie Stitcher said...

LOL at your cat tripping over a sunbeam and falling asleep, so cute. Your Halloween pieces look great.