Please excuse the wrinkles, but Poppies has been sitting at the bottom of my workbag all week. I've not stitched on Poppies since Sunday, but this is the progress I made over the weekend.
I started the varigated sampler - it was a freebie found on http://www.amonamipierre.net/ some time back. I just picked something simple to stitch while watching tv..and it only took a couple of nights. I looked at the little shape inside the stitched picture when I finished, and it was only then that I realised that the absence of stitching revealed a dog/cat standing up. Because of the anchor varigated floss that I used on the green aida, it was not altogether clear, so I picked a contrast to fill it in. Of course, that meant that I needed to stitch some scattered hearts across the body so that the colour didn't stand out too much!!! I plan to finish this as a little pillow for a gift for a workmate's aunt.