BronnyB on Instagram

Saturday 13 June 2009

Of Poppies and Hyacinths

I'm going to change the colours of the poppies I'm stitching. These are the poppies that are shown in my last post. Take a look at the middle poppy - I stitched that today. I'm just not happy with the end result.
There are 4 colours, a pale orange, a bright orange, a bright red and a slightly different bright red.
3341-3340-606-349
I feel there should be the same gradient of difference between all 4. I'm either going to have to replace the bright red, or the slightly darker bright red and bright orange...... I like the 3341-3340 combination, just not with the 606 and there is not enough variation between the 606 and 349 for my liking. I also feel that the flowers should be less orange - I want redder poppies - and therefore will have to find something to tone a bit better with the 606.
I'll play with the colours tomorrow in the daylight and figure it out.

I also have to find my camera to post a picture of my hyacinth bulb....the pot is holding another surprise - another shoot has come up! There were 3 bulbs in the pot! I'm stoked - this is the first time I've had a Hyacinth re-shoot after being dormant for nearly a year. Last year this bulb gave 2 stems - I must have put the two other bulbs in the pot at some point during the year. I just don't know what they will be.

1 comment:

LoriRay said...

How exciting about your bulbs! :))) Be sure and post pictures as they progress.

Your proposed color changes sound very pretty. How creative!