BronnyB on Instagram

Monday 2 November 2009

There's something about Mary - More sampler & a first of the month finish


This picture is a bit greener than the sampler actually is, but it gives you a bit more feel of the layout of the body of the sampler......I love the ship. The 'N' in the upper alphabet has been darned over a hole before framing. I'm going to have fun charting this one. Some of it is charted over two - some over one! I couldn't get a clear photo of the itty bitty birds in one section - they are stitched over one, with a dainty little french knot eye. Thank you all for sharing my journey with Mary.




My latest finish - quite a while since I've had one too... An adapted Lizzie Kate design - I just picked colours out of one box of DMC, not using any prescribed colours.... It was originally intended as a gift for somebody else, but I wasn't quite happy with the design for her - something else will leap into hand when it is the right time for her - so halfway through stitching this, the recipient changed. Another workmate - who will appreciate the slightly subversive reverse....

I thought of quite a few things to stitch - along the lines of : "Prune out the weeds" - "Only display the pretty ones" - but that might be a bit much for most.

The fabric is really pretty - a sort of tie-dye - I cannot remember where I got it from, but I've got several fat quarters - some shot with gold too.

Thank you for your comments about Mary - I'm still really excited

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

Congratulations! Such a beautiful pillow!

CindyMae said...

Love the pillow, it looks great!!