BronnyB on Instagram

Monday 25 May 2009

My cat, and some finishes....

This is PYRO - a photo taken some six months ago, when the Kangaroo Paw were marvellous. Of course our extreme heat killed them and they died back a bit too far. I also refer to Pyro as 'Lord fluffybritches' - and he does rule supreme. I would say unconditional love, but of course that's false - he sets the conditions and like all cat lovers...I follow them.I also promised photos of my WIP - here is Part 10 completed of the Papillion Sampler - and I'm so relieved to find parts 11 and 12 saved - now printed - so there's no excuse now....I'm on the homeward stretch.
And the 'Follow my Heart' Samplers are such a delight to stitch. As you can see, the alphabet is the same for all, just the top and bottom details changed to match the seasons. I'm not using the suggested floss, as I don't have any Olde Willow hand dyes. I'm picking DMC colour that 'call' to me. I picked the blue for the summer letters because they remind me of clear summer skies. All I have left now is to stitch the autum sampler and then figure out just what to do with all four. Framing may not be an option, due to exhorbitant costs. I don't know if I want to fashion it into a cushion top...I'll see what calls to me when all four are together.



8 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Lovely stitching. I think the colours you have chose for the Follow My Heart Samplers are just perfect..though I am not seeing much of blue skies at the mo! I guess I will have to look at your piccies and just dream lol

Daffycat said...

Wow, Pyro is a big cat! He looks very huggable too.

Your stitching is gorgeous. I adore the Follow My Heart samplers. They would make a wonderful set of pillows!

Sandy said...

Love the kangaroo paw Bronny, ours died with the heat :( Now we have a garden full of weeds with all the rain we've had.
Love the Follow My Heart Samplers, a set of pillows or a wallhanging would be good.

Marie said...

Beautiful stitching. It's great to see your kangaroo paw thriving, I don't know that any of ours survived. An excuse to go plant shopping maybe!! Pyro is gorgeous

Pauline said...

Cute cat, love his name! And lots of lovely stitching too!

Ranae said...

Beautiful papillion and I love the colors you used in the Samplers.
You have a gorgeous Pyro.
I love the Chookie quilt, it's fabulous
I enjoyed browsing your blog.

Karen said...

Great progress on your SAL.

I love the samplers and the colors you chose! Very nice.

Cindy F. said...

Beautiful stitching!! and I love the designs and the colors!