BronnyB on Instagram

Saturday 4 April 2020

Harriet Salt Quandry .. . ..

Happily stitching away this week on Harriet Salt.  Stitching the first row of Alphabet... going quite well I thought, until I realised that I had stitched past the half way point, with still a considerable amount of alphabet remaining for the first line.

I remember working out the full chart stitched over two would result in a large stitch around 2foot square.  This would pose a problem framing and hanging such a sizeable design.  Simple, I would stitch the whole thing over one thread.  I bought new fabric just for that purpose.  

At what point did I realise I was stitching over two threads and not one???
Yep.  You guessed it.  When I'd finished the letter I


Quandry.  Do I continue this alphabet over two, changing just where I start the second line - changing the design entirely.

OR

Do I just start this row again, from A - stitching over One as intended and unpick what I spent stitching another time.

I have enough fabric length-wise to start again.  I'm just somewhat embarrassed that I did not pick up my goof earlier.   I'm now at the end of the week, so it will be another 4 weeks before Harriet comes back into rotation.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I hate to be the first to comment and say this but, if it were me, I'd frog and restitch. It's the first line. You will be compensating the whole way. Turn on FLossTube or Fiber Talk and frog. But if you don't want to do that, then finish the row, drop down and do the next row as called for. I have made similar mistakes and regretted not fixing in the first place. The color is lovely! Your work, your decision! It will be lovely!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Having looked at the entire design, I'd be tempted to say make this the top two rows and then stitch the rest over one. But then you risk it being unbalanced. If it looks unbalance, you can always unpick it later!