BronnyB on Instagram

Sunday 19 April 2020

Mid-April weekend of finishes show and tell.

It's been a busy weekend again.
I managed a few other finishes.  First I sorted my batting scraps, and using the inspiration from 'Just Get it Done' tutorial, made up some Frankenbatting. 

All those strips of batting left over from quilting projects, trimmed and stitched together.  It gave me a useful table runner sized piece to use.     
I found a table runner I put together some New Years Day a couple of years ago, after somebody on some Facebook group asked where to get the pattern.  I looked at the picture and figured out the pattern pretty quickly.  The reason this one is special, is that the yellow floral fabric was once a favourite shirt. 
The butter yellow linen was so soft, and when one or two rips became evident, the fabric made its way into my stash.
So it's quilted and bound, tonight I'll be stitching the binding down and tying off all the quilting thread ends.   Then it will make it's way into my gift giving basket.
I also managed to simply quilt the disappearing Shoofly mini quilt - made up last weekend after watching the Friday Missouri Star tutorial.  See, I tend to make their quilts in miniature, because I don't need to make a big quilt at the moment, and I just want to try a new technique.  
This has a recipient and will make it to her home shortly.  I didn't take a picture of the coaster using the same fabric as the binding.
Oh what else do I have to share?   What about some detail of the April TOL SAL.  Check out this blog page on the 20th of each month for the monthly pattern release.  This is the 2nd colourway I've made of this pattern.  I've not updated the lilac version yet.
Who knows what next week holds??  Enjoy your week everybody

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely quilted projects. The sneak peek of the sampler looks good too.