BronnyB on Instagram

Tuesday 31 March 2020

Blue IS my colour ....

My Grandson, Lachlan John Bacon was born on Friday 27 May.  Due to COVID-19, I had to make the heartbreaking decision not to travel to QLD.  Doing so, I would have had to have traveled through 3 airports and ran the risk of transmitting the virus to a newborn.
So I have stayed home, and to celebrate his birth, decided to colour my hair blue.  
Fluro Highlighter Blue!
It is supposed to wash out after 5-6 washes, but as my base colour is white and very porous, the colour hangs on and I can expect this to slowly fade over the next 4-5 months.  I am happy to have hair that provides a positive impact during this global event.

I'm not on lockdown yet, having a secure job in facility management.  Should I have to reduce my hours, I have plenty of stitching ahead of me to keep productive.  I might even turn to Craftsy to discover a new craft or technique.

 

I also have finally made a start on Harriet Salt.  One evening's stitching completed the letter 'A'.  I'll see how far I progress during this week along this alphabet line.





I'm contemplating stitching bunnies for 2021 - along the line of 2011-The year of the Sheepie!  So, will spend the next couple of months sourcing some charts, in particular, something simple to stitch on the 21st of each month.

Hoping you are all keeping safe and isolated.
We are strong, we can craft our way to sanity.

If you are reading my blog, drop a line to say hello!


2 comments:

Terri said...

Love your hair!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the new grandbaby! Love the hair colour.
If you look at my blog there is a page for Freebies with several Spring and Easter ones which will have bunnies.