BronnyB on Instagram

Sunday 12 April 2020

Easter Basket Flurry of Finishes

So much fun participating in the Easter Blog Hop. 
I spent Saturday, finishing off a few smalls out of my overflowing basket of finishes.



I have sorted them by size, and leaving aside those finishes which need to be framed, and the larger finishes to be made into cushions or wall hangings, set about making small fobs or pin cushions, slightly larger cushions and padded ornaments.  I selected a few to be turned into mug-mats. 

Those of you with eagle eyes may notice some of those finishes from the Easter Hop are now finished and ready to be gifted to friends.


A lot of these were practice pieces and I have no information on the source.  I guess you can spy a Lizzie Kate.  In the larger pillow section, there is a carnation which I stitched in 1981.  It was from the background of an Assisi piece which now sits on the wall of my parents house.  This would have been my first experiment in applying my own colour shading to a pattern as the original was outline only.  Bronny's sheepie farm was an original design by myself in 2011
In amongst the mug-mats is an applique sheep, I rescued this from an op shop some years ago, but buttons and all, will make a fine mug-mat



Later in the evening, I turned my head towards my English Floral Sampler - to finish off week 1 in rotation and finished "M" - Morning Glory.  I've been looking forward to this one, as I love the blues/lilacs.  This means I'm now half-way through the alphabet and therefore the sampler, so a bit of happy dancing being done here right now.

Today's plan is to play with a couple of small patchwork projects which have been living inside my head for a few weeks.  I hope to have these done, so tomorrow I can move onto attempting to finish a couple of backs for existing quilts.

I hope the Easter Bunny has been kind to you all and your needles have been productive.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I wish the Blog Hop had encouraged me to do some finishing, too! Sadly, it didn't. I love your English Floral Sampler.

Katie said...

Wow. Beautiful finishes! You should join in the Fully Finished Gallery. Check my blog to see a link to Rachel's blog to link up. It's a fun push to finish pieces.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I agree with Katie, get signed up for the FFO Gallery! You have a great selection of Smalls. I remember the Sheepie Farm, I stitched it with one pig for my younger son.