BronnyB on Instagram

Wednesday 8 April 2020

The People's Choice SAL


2020 The People's Choice SAL

Having fallen into this SAL - following Jo at Serendipitous Stitching who was asking about Modern Samplers.
I have a lot of traditional samplers as it turns out, but I feel a modern sampler can still hold parts of traditional samplers, but without the biblical verse.
Well I was dipping into my basket of finishes, looking for items to show for the Easter Blog Hop (come back here on 10th April) and I found these  items....

Quiet Please, stitched in 2013 was, from memory an online freebie.  I stitched it in dark and light olive green DMC and I think needle necessities variegated.  The fabric is more vibrant yellow than shown here (pic taken under lamplight) and the variegated is similar in shading to gum leaves.


Coffee - well this was most definitely an online freebie... and was finished when I had a different surname in December 2004 - a lifetime ago and I've yet to finish the design.  





How could I have forgotten my own design?  I designed this and released the pattern on 123 Stitch.com way back in 2007.  I've used this sentiment again on another, more traditional sampler later in the same year.
 
I think, after rifling through my finishes basket, that I might make a few cushions and wee ornaments over the Easter weekend and empty the basket somewhat

Don't forget to come back on the 10th - I don't know yet just what I'll be sharing....  This will be my first blog-hop!

3 comments:

LindaLee said...

What great pieces Bronny. I have the Quiet piece chart, but haven't done it up yet. Will probably do it for my she shed. I love your design as well.
Stay in and well. I think this will be going on for weeks, but one of the first things I checked for when I heard that we may be quarantined.........was.........my stash of course! Even before the toilet paper! LOL. I found that my stash will last more like years rather than months or weeks.
Feel the colors Bronny! LindaLee

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love these samplers and their modern sentiments. Fancy forgetting your own design! It is a great one. I designed an Ornie with a similar phrase several years ago.

Ana said...

What a beautiful finish of one of my designs. Congrats!
By the way, it's still here: http://needleprint.blogspot.com/2014/02/quiet-please-cross-stitcher-at-work.html