BronnyB on Instagram

Sunday 20 June 2010

Hot off the machine: Pink Snowman Cushion !!

Hip Hip Hooray!!!! I was playing around yesterday with the Ohio Star block and a method of piecing that had me intriqued. The bit I played with will be made into something or other. I had dragged out these three fabric colours, and knew they would work with the hot-pink fabric of my snowman finish from a few days ago. (where on earth i've put the other snowman finishes...oh well-somewhere safe for now) Anyway... I pieced the patchwork and knew I wanted to put the stitching off-center - and played with the fabric that was left over. So here is the front of the cushion.
I'm a bit thingy about wasting one whole piece of fabric for
a back of a cushion, so decided to have a play at another technique for the back. A bit of crazy patchwork, but I'm not that thrilled with it. It does fill out the back of the cushion quite well, and who will be looking at the back all the time with the stunning stitching on the front anyway??? The cushion is only held together with two pink buttons, the extra 3 white ones are for decoration. Now to move onto another quick project, while the sewing machine is on!!

(and as this is post number 198 and I have now 97 followers - perhaps I'd better scout around for a 200/100 giveaway????? - stay tuned!)

11 comments:

coral said...

Lovely Bronny the pink is so groovy.

Karen said...

ROFLMAO - and who says she's not a quilter.
Luurrvvvv the cushion, you done good my girl.
As for the crazy patch, as I have always said - practice makes for more fun!!
Oh and were these the fats that you said you wouldnt use - hmmmm????

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Great job, Bronny! What a cheery looking snowman pillow that will surely make you smile during the cold winter months.

stitchersanon said...

I love the cushion! It is very clever and inspirational. I will store that idea away for a future project. Thank you!

Kate said...

Great Job Bronny,,,,and of course I just LOVE the colour...

Daffycat said...

*squee* It is a wonderful pillow, Bronny!

Bronwyn said...

Very nice

Bette said...

How cute is that! Very nice finish and stitching.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your cushion turned out great Bronny and very well done on almost finishing your pine tree quilt, it looks amazing.

Terry said...

Love how this turned out!! Very pretty!

Micki said...

That pillow is to die for. It is just super cute. Glad that you stopped by and I am following you too.
Hope to get to know you1 Your blog is wonderful!
Micki