No...not a moose - a mouse - a cute furry little brown field mouse that should be living OUTSIDE!!!
- Cat brings mouse inside and drops it in the loungeroom
- Mouse runs away - cat can no longer find mouse - loses interest and walks away.
- I fling 3 camping chairs and a small pile of empty boxes (chairs should have been in garage, boxes in recycling bin anyway) outside in the vague hope that the mouse has a short, brief and violent ride outside.....
- An hour later, son #2 looks under the couch and locates mouse.
- Son #1 lifts up couch so we can 'catch' the mouse
- Mouse skedaddles out from under the couch, between son #1's feet and into the kitchen and under the pantry door.
- Sons #1&2 locate small furry timid little creature at the back of the pantry.
- Son #1 lifts out 3 of 5 heavy boxes of floor tiles (have been in the bottom of the pantry since we moved in) out of the way - leaving 2 boxes to trap the mouse in the bottom of the panty
- Son #2 tries to catch the mouse with his bare hands
- Father and mother laugh at their efforts
- Son #2 fails and somehow the mouse gets out of the pantry and runs along the floor.
- Before I can scream coherently for somebody to grab a towel to cover the damn mouse - it runs under and behind the cabinet that is heavily loaded with glassware and has a fishtank on top.
- I locate mouse on top of skirting board and poke a stick at it to get it to move out from behind the cabinet
- mouse moves from behind cabinet - across the carpet and behind the stereo/video/dvd/plasma/entertainment system.
I'm not so much worried about it creating a nest and chewing the electrical wires (although that is a high consideration) I'm more concerned that it will find my charts/floss/fabric
Tomorrow I'm buying a mousetrap!