BronnyB on Instagram

Saturday 31 January 2009

It has been the hottest week on record in Melbourne this week, with I think 5 days in a row over 40degrees. It has been way too hot to stitch, even with the air-conditioning, which is struggling to keep 3 rooms cool. Even today, at 37degrees, I'd normally be feeling too hot, but it is so much more manageable than the past few days.
I do feel guilty though, because I had promised myself that I'd start nothing new this year, until I had finished a WIP as a trade-off - aida for aida, evenweave for evenweave............and...........
Yep! you guessed it... I broke my own promise to myself.
Wednesday evening I had to pick up a needle again...I was suffering withdrawal symptoms....
I started 'The Garden" - a Marily Leavitt-Amblum chart from 1986. I had found this in a thrift shop for all of 50 cents and It was time to stitch it.....
Now It's saturday afternoon and all I've put into it is about 100 stitches..so no WIP photo yet - perhaps in a day or so, when I feel that I've made a better start to it....

No comments: