BronnyB on Instagram

Tuesday 14 February 2012

A flurry of finishes for my gadgets


I tend to use an open basket, rather than a handbag.  I hate rummaging in the bottom of it when my mobile rings.  I hate that my camera is rustling around without protection now that my GPS is back in it's own bag.  I've been worried that I'll lose my USB sticks with family history photos, cross-stitch patterns/photos and family photos.
Tonight, after dinner - I had a fit of inspiration.
I started with the USB caddy, using the basic idea from the teabag caddy.  It seems to work fine, although I'll test it in the morning and tomorrow I might hand-sew a flap to hold them in.
I then thought that my mobile needed a bag, with a long cord that I can tie to the handles of my basket and reel in my phone when it rings.  I used a little stitch from 2009 that needed a finish, creating a pocket for odds & bods.
Last in the line of stuff to finish, was using a snowman finish from 2010, to whip up a lined camera bag to protect my camera.
A satisfying evening with my sewing machine.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Those are not only darling, they are brilliant! How clever you are to come up with those ideas!

CareyCottage said...

Cute Finishes!!!!!

CalamityJr said...

What great ideas and finishes! Way to go!

cucki said...

such sweet finishes xx

Stitching Noni said...

How clever! Such a fantastic idea, now you should be able to find whatever you want when you want it ;0)