BronnyB on Instagram

Tuesday 31 March 2009


A very quick stitch! I started this one at 9pm in a panic to try to meet a deadline, and including a minor nanna-nap, put the last stitch in at midnight... I am missing the snowflake buttons, but can always add them when I find them.

The design is "Let it Snow" by Casey Buonaugurio Cross Stitch Designs and found in the 2008 JCS Ornament issue and I'm involved in a couple of monthly challenges on two separate communities this year. This is the first ornament I've stitched this year. I've seen a few snowmen on other blogs and am wondering if I might dedicate 2010 to stitching snowmen. There are worse themes out there...

As for the hasty finish - I was looking for any snowflake buttons and found the bright red plasticy ornament ring - just the right size.

9 comments:

Annie said...

He's a cutie. Snowman are very appealing as a theme. I can't get enough of them either!

Daffycat said...

Cute snowman finish! I love snowmen too!

Karen said...

Cute finish!

Marie said...

lol, was the dealine midnight?? Looks great though!!! It's amazing how often I look at them in the mag and think they don't appeal, but once they are stitched they look so different!

Yoyo said...

Cute snowman and a nice little quicky finish.

BronnyB said...

Marie, actually the deadline was a further 24 hours, and I had thought I would have been able to finish it properly....whoops!

Marie said...

The ring suits him perfectly though.

Tammy said...

Your snowman is SO cute!!

Tammy said...

Hi there!! Just in response to your quesion about my snowman--sorry I neglected to add that info! I have added it to my post now. It is Shepherd's Bush on Cranberry Bog fabric which came with the kit. Yes, Snowman are fun to stitch--that would be a good year long theme!