I've been thinking...... (yes a dangerous occupation) I see all these bloggers participating in all sorts of exchanges. I fancy a small Christmas Ornament Exchange. I might as well run my own.
Rules.. there's gotta be rules:
- Posting date deadline: 1st December
- There is no obligation to send more than the ornament. Any extra gift is up to you.
- This is not a straight swap. The blogger you send your ornie to will NOT be the blogger who sends YOU an ornament.
- Post a pic to your blog to show you've received the ornie.
- Try not to let the blogger you are stitching for know that you are stitching their ornie. Let's try to keep the mystery and a surprise!
- Expect that you may have to send overseas.
Edited to answer questions:
1: Am I nuts?
Most probably, but I want to join in one exchange this year - I might as well make it my own.
2: Is the ornie restricted to cross-stitch or can any type of needlework or embellishment be included?
As my followers are cross-stitchers - quilters and thrifters - just go with the flow. Cross Stitch or quilt or sew an ornament - recycle something found in the oppy (just not a sock - OK?) Make something that YOU would be happy to receive
3: Can we share this on our blogs? Do you have a button we can link to?
Right at the moment, my gut feeling is Thank you - NO. I want to try to have control over the participants of this exchange, people who have become part of my blogging family over the past 18months. If I open this up far and wide, then it could explode into something bigger than I'm ready to handle right at the moment. Let's see how this year works out - then plan for the next year.
Thank you for your interest - I'll be in touch with all that email me. (look for my email on my profile details)