BronnyB on Instagram

Monday 26 April 2010

Day 1 of my Annual Leave - Hill trip with the family.




Of course, did I remember to take my camera out at any point during the day but Warburton???? Warburton, where I have now discovered is not the hour and a half drive from my home - that's the long way...I can cut through from Pakenham, through Cockatoo and Launching Place...and there I am!!! Why has hubby always taken us there via Ferntree Gully???? Here is a lovely, peaceful view of the Yarra River, taken from the swing bridge.....John did a bit of rock jumping and stood in the middle of the river on a few stones to take his photos - no wonder I'm grey!! I did however, scare the living daylights out of the drivers behind me, when I discovered an open Quilt Shop in Yarra Junction - Heart & Home Patchwork. Even better, I managed to purchase 3 fat quarters towards my Pine Tree quilt in less than the allocated 5minutes (all the time the boys were prepared to let me into a patchwork shop today!!!) Here is where I'm up to now with aquiring my greens. The one on the extreme right has been sent from NZ. The next 3 on the right are the ones I picked up today... The one with the red/orange fruit spots came from Craftee Quarters in KooWeeRup - the rest is from my stash and birthday/christmas presents. I'll try to remember to take more interesting photos each day this week!

1 comment:

Nic said...

I always wondered about Warburton, after hearing the place mentioned in a Midnight Oil song!

Great pictures, and what a bonus to find a quilt shop :o)