BronnyB on Instagram

Saturday 28 November 2020

Seeing November out by planning to plan 2021

Good morning Blogging friends.

How did it get to be nearly December already – all of a sudden the restrictions in Melbourne Metro are being released and Christmas Social obligations are building up.


I’ve spent this morning sorting out my new planner/journal for 2021.  I’ve worked with the calendar on my phone for the past 2 years and I just keep loosing track of appointments.  At work I have a daily notebook by my desk and that works for me, so I’ve invested into a book to try and compartmentalise my personal/stitchy/scouting life.

What are your plans for 2021?


I’m planning a holiday to see family and friends in late January.  This will be a road trip and is long awaited.

I’m 99% committed to ramping up my Scouting commitments in 2021 – looking at being a Cub Leader and also more responsibilities on the District Committee

I am also following up the idea of creating a Floss Tube channel of my own.  I intend to keep up with my blog on a weekly basis, but a Floss-Tube would be a fortnightly edition .

I have several designs in my head to chart for myself and also possibly to release.  My goal is to release a stitchers Advent Calendar design in July.  It’s too late to think about December gifts in November… (yes this is in my planner to do list for May-June) 


I’ve bought myself a small mdf shelf/box advent calendar and will work on this for this year.  Do I make it to give it away or make it to keep it myself?   I have 12 months to work that out

 

There’s not been much stitching this week – not much cross stitch to show off.  But I did get inspired by Handy Mum


and worked on this itty bitty gift box.  I have yet to make the itty bitty pincushion that it lives in.  Somewhere along the line, I got distracted, and the sides for the lid are way too big.  Looking closely, the lid is pretty, but not perfect – as I am happy with the box, I might just use the top as a Christmas ornament and make another top, watching my sizing carefully.

I’ve lashed out this morning and bought a subscription to Punch Needle and Cross Stitch Magazine – I’ve been watching so many Floss-Tube channels that are showing charts, and there are so many I’d like to explore (not as if I don’t already have enough projects to stitch!)  So I’m a bit late to the party, but I think Christmas will run through a few months next year.


I will leave you now with a picture of some Marigolds which I’ve planted and have been watching daily for them to bloom.   There has been 2-3 plants which are racing to be the first to be in full bloom, and now there are many due to flower this week.  I’m looking forward to seeing the window boxes full of bloom.

2 comments:

*-* said...


Love the prospect of seeing your Marigolds come into bloom, will look forward to seeing a full flower box of bright colours.. Nothing like the vibrancy of these flowers, their versatility and of course I love their names. Your January trip to see family sounds like a wonderful time away after the horrid lockdown for your state. Enjoy your time away and especially your new. Bee chariot.

Kay..

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I just hope that next year is better than this one! I shall be focusing on my stitching plans as I can control them better than my work or social plans LOL

The Advent Calendar SAL sounds fun. I shall look out for that.