BronnyB on Instagram

Saturday 21 November 2020

Midway through November - Weather Heating up, Stitching slowing down

 

Hello friends.

I have been slightly distracted these past 2 weeks and don’t appear to have made much progress on anything but will at least share my progress with you.


I last left you with my 2” Churn Dash blocks.   They are not perfect and the fussy cut squares for the middle are not perfect, but I am happy with my progress so far.  I hope to have this finished – quilted and all this weekend.

I got sidelined by a couple of mug-mats for which there are no photos. These have been gifted to work colleagues and I hope they like them.  I used up a few of my scraps. 


I have a mug-mat by my machine and it was gifted to me some years ago and although it has a Christmas Theme, I use it all year around.  Do you like mug-mats?  I like that I can usually make one in an evening for an emergency gift.  Add a cute mug and a sachet of Tea, tie up with a ribbon and there you go...

I got my hair coloured again – now that restrictions have lifted in Victoria I had a chance to spend time with my hairdresser and she has done a marvellous job.  Allan got his hair trimmed too – don’t we make a cute couple?? 


I so enjoy having blue hair.  My sister has purple hair, but mine is blue.  I should be re-doing this in about 4 months, but for now it has vibrancy. 
I have been blonde, I have been brown, I have been red, I have had to colour my hair since I was in my early 20's - I feel that now in 2020 I have come into myself and am enjoying all that life has to offer.

I did pick up my needle and worked a bit on the English Floral Sampler. I am up to P for Pansy.  I might try to finish the other 2 pansies this weekend.  This pattern is from UK Cross Stitcher magazine, and was a series in 1993. 


I’ve been stitching this very slowly since 2004.  It seems that a lot of UFO’s are becoming WIP’s - this is good. 

Next week on my rotation should be SOHRH – It has been a few months since I’ve worked on that, and I may have to put it aside for a day or two, as I’ve just realised Christmas is around the corner, and I really need to get one or two ornaments completed.  You are here to keep me honest, so I hope to show you some SOHRH progress on my next post.

Planning – it seems to be the time of year to think about Planning for 2021.  I have lashed out and bought myself a small planner/journal.  It should live in my handbag all year.  I’m not happy about keeping all my appointments and thoughts in my head or in my phone.  I have been pretty consistent this year with notebooks, but there are a lot of plans for my stitching life for 2021 and I need to be organised. 


(evil voice on my shoulder:  “Let’s see how long that lasts!”)

What are you planning for 2021?    I am planning ‘Year of the Sheepie revisited’  My weather chart is ready to go, using sheep instead of houses.  I have 4 or so sheepie charts ready to be kitted out.  I want to take part in a SAL for Christmas ornaments (Jo – this is your doing, so you better be ready to stitch Bothy Threads 12 days of Christmas with me)  I am planning to start a floss-tube channel of my own (over thinking the process) I am planning a Stitchers Advent Calendar – either a project or design release for July-August 2021.  There are still charts which will remain in my rotation to complete and I’m sure there will be new charts that call to me.  Where will I find the time??  I don’t know either…  How many of you work full time as well as stitch?  Do you work part-time?  Are you retired and consequently busier than you ever were?

 

Off to put fabric under needle for the weekend.  Please leave me a comment.  What do you like to see in Floss-tubes?   What annoys you?  It is all research for me… 

 

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The quilted pieces look fine to me, no sign of imperfections at all!
Love the pansies too.
Yay for the Return of the Sheepies! I am definitely in for the 12 Days of Christmas, I had the chart out the other to inspire me.
A FlossTube would be fun, I promise to watch it. I like to hear the thoughts and inspiration behind the stitching choices. A little bit about life and other crafts but NO diamond painting! I like a bit of haul but no accumulating for the sake of it like some people seem to do. I'd rather see less haul and more started pieces! I like links in the description box too. Cats are nice.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

ps would you like to take part in my Advent Calendar Hop this year? Send me an email if you do.