BronnyB on Instagram

Saturday 1 August 2020

July sails away with SOHRH and August shines in

Hello friends,

It is currently a sunny winters day outside my window.  I’ve composted last week’s flowers and preserved those that may become a dried floral arrangement later.  Spring is in the air, despite a further 4 weeks of winter…  the daffodils in my driveway are magnificent, so I’ve cut a bunch and am now looking at them on my desk…   They are sitting in a pink depression glass jug – the pattern is Pink Mayfair.  As it was Mum’s birthday last week, she is sharing the joy of the daffodils with me.


I have not yet decided what patchwork project to work on in daylight hours of this weekend, will possibly do a bit more sorting and scrap tidying.  I’ve managed to find a good supply of boxes which will store 2.5” strips, just a few more boxes than I currently have strips.  Next weekend sees the delivery of the last component of my sewing nook and I’m faintly excited to work with it – a Hi-Low desk with plenty of space to incorporate a pressing station.  I’ve invested in a wool pressing mat and a new ergonomic chair and my sewing nook will be complete.  It is a good feeling.  So yes, I think while the sun is shining, I will do a bit more sorting of old patterns and charts/kits.  My mind is more in that space right at the moment, than in a crafting space.  Of course, I will be in much danger of finding projects I want to do ‘right now’, but there is only so many hours in the day!  I am sure to have quite a few items to fill my givaway box – Shall we have a giveaway?  I’ll see what is in the box at the end of next week and let you know.

I am not making any more face-masks – have made enough for ourselves and friends and family who have asked for them.  I am not interested in selling them, as there are so many people who have lost their income and are now dependent on their cottage industry to bring in extra finances.

I have only realised I have not shared much of my progress on Shores of Hawk Run Hollow (SOHRH) and July was the first month it returned to my rotation for a week, rather than an anything goes weekend lucky dip.  I was gifted this chart and fabric too many months ago to remember and it pops out from time to time, but now, this year seems to be ripe to complete long-standing WIP’s.  This week I completed the wording, the dolphin and the hull of the ship for parts 6-7 – this gives me a solid placement guide for all the sails and gee-gaws that adorn this section.  This design has a LOT of sectional stitching of large blocks of colour – such a difference to band samplers and small motif designs.

Am eager to stitch next week’s rotation – a return to the temperature SAL, to see what colours and the range in July.  I’m guessing it will be a small range of about 4-6 colours through the whole month…daytime temperatures stayed about 14-15 degrees celcius all month.

I’ll leave you all right now – and get some work done while the sun shines and keeps me motivated..Leave a comment and a link to your blog…

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on Shores of HRH. I plan to start Halloween next year, that will be a long term project!
The daffodils look so pretty in that vase.