BronnyB on Instagram

Sunday 9 August 2020

A week of WIP's - a stitching update from Frosty Frankston

 

HI all

It's winter in Melbourne, Australia - my fingers are defrosting.  We are lucky that we don't get snow here in our bayside suburb, but sometimes it is cold enough for sleet

Just a quick catchup today.  I have 3 WIP this week…

·     Let’s Sew by Ursula Andrews.

I have taken this to work and stitch this in the down times.  I am stitching on a mint green shiny aida out of my stash with one strand variegated purple floss – I think it is Threadworks floss.  Of course I will fix the error where I got carried away stitching two ‘O’s in the word Cross-Stitch.   Whoops…

·      

  Spirale from Jardin Prive.

I may or may not have gone batshit crazy ordering online from this french designer – in particular 4 charts which will all stitch together featuring Sheep.  This is my premium stitch for 2021 – The revisited Year of the Sheepie – but more of that another time.  This is a simple one colour floss on another scrap of linen from my stash -Picture this Plus Mint 28 count Lugana and using Victoria Sampler Shoppe overdyed Regal Purple.  I had a lot of trouble getting the outer circle to match up.  In several sections, I obviously did not count properly – either the chart or my stitching.  I got carried away with the rhythm of stitching several times and this resulted in re-stitching one part in particular – the bottom 4-5pm section – 5 times.  This is why I filled that part in first.  Now that it all matches up, it should be a simple task to fill this design in.

·      2020 Temperature SAL

This week’s rotation was to catch up on the design which will eventually record the maximum and minimum temperatures of Melbourne Australia for 2020.  I have now added the legend to the right and finished stitching July.  There are still spaces for random motifs and I have yet to decide what to put where.  I will be stitching a lock motif for both March and August to symbolise the two Covid-19 Lock-down of the community events.   In August, Melbourne was issued Stage 4 Restrictions, with most people restricted to their home, businesses closed and minimal travel during daylight hours only.      I am lucky to be still working, personally requested by the CEO to manage the corporate office logistics for the next 6 weeks – my hours have been reduced, but that means more quality stitching time for me.  My motto this year has become DON’T COUNT THE DAYS – MAKE EACH DAY COUNT!

This will be stitched on this weather sampler.

 

I hope to share a picture next weekend with you of my sewing nook with it’s new table and chair finally installed.  I have yet to determine just where to store the old kitchen table I’ve been using as a cutting bench, now that it is to be replaced with a high-low desk.    My space is coming together nicely.

Until next time – Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on your WIPS. I do wish I'd done the Temperature SAL this year, it would have been very interesting and we have had some incredibly hot temperatures this summer.