BronnyB on Instagram

Saturday 1 February 2020

Tossing my HATS in the air!

Not sure what to do about Harriet.

The only piece of fabric I had in my stash big enough was a 30 count loose weave fabric.  Stitching 2 threads over 2 strands will mean the finished sampler will be about 25 inches square.   That's HUGE!
The other option of using one thread over one strand is not pleasing to me

I will contemplate my options over the weekend.  I may have to invest in about $40 of fabric to purchase a tighter weave fabric - 32 count or more and resign myself to stitching over one.
I have done this before, so am not feeling daunted about stitching over one....  It's just made the whole project feeling a bit blah!   I've invested too much already to give it up entirely.  This is the most costly sampler I've stitched before.  I guess I've been blessed in the past to have been gifted charts or been part of an online SAL which produced magnificent samplers. 

I see by my schedule planner, that I had thought to run a monthly giveaway on the first Wednesday of each month....   Possibly this time around will be some printed charts which were freebies online about 10 years ago.  They may still be available, but some may no longer be available.   I'll have to look through the pile.  If you would be interested in such a givaway - please let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

If you're not happy now then I would definitely start again. Maybe you can pick up a piece of fabric on a stash unload site?
Giveaways are always fun!