BronnyB on Instagram

Sunday 19 April 2015

TUSAL - April 2015

For the life of me, I don't know what happened to my TUSAL March pic or post...   but here is my little jar looking somewhat more respectable than last year.   Those with eagle eyes will spot that there is no red or crimson floss amongst it all..  I feel guilty really for not stitching or participating in the 5000 poppy project that has been all over facebook and blogs.  I had every intention of participating, but somehow just never did.    I will honour the ANZACs in my own way.





I have been stitching diligently on my 2015 JCS Ornament challenge.   Never reading the instructions and totally using whatever floss strikes my fancy at the time.. this one will end up as a four sided ornament... I've done the hardanger and beads sections now,  just need to finish it.


A.N.Z.A.C. Day looms.  
My Great Grand-father served in the Boer War with the Kings Own Highland Guards.  
My father, born in 1930, was too young to serve in WW11, instead, he has honoured his mother's wish and has played the Last Post at every ANZAC and Remembrance Day service since 1939  -  that's 75 consecutive years !!!
My brother too was too young to serve in the Vietnam War (and for that I am secretly grateful)
My son John now serves in the Australian Army - I am tremendously proud of him.


Unintentional pic of my TUSAL, surrounded my by growing collection of long-necked cats....


No comments: