BronnyB on Instagram

Friday 3 April 2015

JCS Ornament Challenge - my progress so far.....

Here we are, 2 days away from announcing the April challenge, and I'm trying valiantly to finish the stitching section at least of my March ornament.

Of course, I decided to stitch the hardanger ornament - using Needle Necessities 127 from my stash, on a bit of yellow linen.   I'd completely forgotten that you are 'supposed' to use perle floss...
Oh well, I may or may not do the cut out bits.

Was slightly stressing, thinking that I may run out of this particular floss, but I have persevered and will use a matching burgundy or navy DMC to attach the beads and do the bit of hardanger weaving.    I like the challenge of the finishing of this ornament... something completely different from the norm...

Anyway... here is where I am on Good Friday, Easter weekend 2015.

Don't forget to vote for the april ornament challenge...   

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh, so beautiful!

Angela Tucker said...

Your stitching is beautiful! So delicate.