BronnyB on Instagram

Monday 5 January 2015

Bronny's Bits - JCS Ornament Challenge 2015 - January....

DRUM ROLL . . . . . . . ....



I ran this challenge also with a stitching group I've been involved with for a number of years (Threads of Life - aka TOL). . . . . ..  but . . . .   The favourite top 3 from TOL and the favourite top 3 from this blog differ slightly.
 
Top design choice is unanimous
Combining TOL and Blog choices gives me the second spot.
The third spot was a rock, paper scissors win between my son, Harry and partner Laz.

 
Top 3 Ornaments to stitch in January:
1 :   (7) - The Prairie Schooler- HO HO HO Santa
2 :   (8) - Needle Bling Designs - Don't Peek
3 :   (9) - HeartStrings/The Artists Collection -The Star Gatherer

Now the rules are:   You now choose between these 3 top designs.  You stitch this design and show a finish BEFORE February 5 (If possible) - more brownie points to you if you show a completed ornament by Feb 5.
Let's decide a points system now....  the idea is that by December, we will have a handful of finished ornaments for our own tree or for an exchange.
 You earn the following points for showing on your own blog;
 
10 points for STARTING the ornament
10 points for FINISHING the stitching
5 points bonus for finishing the stitching before the end of January
15 points for finishing your stitching into an ornament
5 points for a completed ornament before the end of February
10 points speed bonus for a completed ornament before the end of January

This means the highest point score could be:
50  (10 + 10 + 5 +15 + 10)
The basic score for each ornament completed is 35.
The winner at the end of the year is the person with the highest score.  (I'll keep a tally on an excel sheet here)  In the event of a tie - winner will be decided by random generator thingy.
 
As to a prize at the end of the year:  Yet to be decided, but I'm thinking at this stage, a copy of the 2014 JCS ornie issue seems to be an obvious choice.  I'm sure I'll find other things to add to the prize-box.
 
I will show the choices at the end of January for the February Challenge.

Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Shebafudge said...

Sounds like great fun!

Karyn said...

Is it too late to join? If not, please may I? I have the 2014 ornament issue, so I'm good to go...
Thanks Bronny
:)
Ma

Pauline said...

LOL, I'll be lucky to earn one brownie point! Off to pick from the 3 designs and collect my supplies- thanks for organising this fun challenge Bronny!

BronnyB said...

It's never too late to join in. I guess this will escalate by the end of the year.... lol

Kate said...

I'd like to join - do I just turn up and start? Is there any information I need to send?
Thanks in advance

Joanie said...

Can I join in?

Bronny (my other me) said...

Ill look at setting up a Mr Linky whatsit on the page to keep a track of participants
In the meantime, pick from design 7 8 or 9 and start stitching!