BronnyB on Instagram

Sunday 8 November 2020

Stitching start to November 2020.

 

Hello friends.

One week on from Halloween and a wee bit of a stitching start to November.

Firstly, I had a finish on my Christmas Heirloom Tablecloth for 2019. 


Each square symbolises something for that particular year with the names of those around the table.  As I had a knee replacement in September 2019 and needed a cane to walk both before and immediately afterwards, decided Candy Canes were the perfect choice.    This was finished on Halloween, leaving me plenty of time to stitch on the 2020 Temperature SAL for October.


I really need to work on what motifs to stitch to fill in the gaps.  It is good to see that the month is not completely blue and I am cheered by the little yellow house in the first week.  The 3rd of November will be the same colour, but that will wait until the first week in December to be stitched.

 


So as I had what I classify as two finishes in the first two days, I justified starting a new project.  The 3 motifs were in an American stitching magazine in 2005 and designed by Jeremiah Junction.  As far as I can tell, they are now OOP (out of print).  I’m stitching mostly with the called for DMC floss, but have decided to use a variegated floss in my stash for the lettering. I’ve changed out the god-bothery sayings on each one, replacing them with something more suited for my stitching nook.  I am stitching all three together as one panel specifically to hang on my wall.  Of course I’ll show my progress as I go here.  This week I should pick up my English floral sampler.

 
This morning however, I woke up feeling the need to cut fabric into itty bitty bits and sew back together again.  So I finished a mini-quilt flimsy, needing only now to put quilt and bind it.   


Then I decided to cut even smaller pieces… these churn-dash squares are 2” finished…  yep.. insane.. mini quiltmakers are insane…  I think this mini quilt will end up about 7” x 9”  They will both be finished as mug-mats and put into the 2020 gift basket.


1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the idea of the Christmas Table cloth as a souvenir of each year. Candy canes are a fun way to remember 2019. Will you have masks for this year?!
I love your description of quilting too. It would be so much easier just to print the fabric with the pattern in the first place LOL