BronnyB on Instagram

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Closing off 2019 - Making changes and organising for 2020 - and the Hoya

 In 2007, when my Mum passed away, I returned home with a potted Hoya which Mum had set aside for me.  One stem broke off on the way home and I absentmindedly stuck it in a plastic drink bottle of water on the bathroom shelf.  The rest of the plant subsequently died, but the water bottle plant lived on. 
Fast forward to 2013, when I finally put the plant in some earth.  It rewarded me with sudden growth.  In December 2016, I moved house and put this same plant by the front door....well, it certainly LOVES this spot.  This week, about 15 flowerheads are blooming.  It is a darker hoya, but really healthy.
Today I started on my world domination by fabric scraps.  I have started one small group at a time and have ironed out a small handful of recent scraps and am now cutting them into 5", 4" 3.5" 2.5" and 1.5" squares.
The largest then become my own collection of charm squares, the smallest become leaders and enders (I already have a healthy collection of these - the intention is a future postage square quilt)

I have had the time to think this past 24 hours and browse one or two dozen blogs on my long neglected reading list.  I feel that I will set up new pages on this blog to follow the growing list of SAL's for 2020.  This seems to be the logical process.  I might even change the theme or 'look' of the blog.  I like the orange, but want a change, as there really seems to be a change and a time for a lot of new things around me. 
Please bear with me as I initiate these new changes over the next month.  I hope to host one or two SAL's and plan a couple of giveaways too.
Happy New Year!



5 comments:

LindaLee said...

I just now saw your blog for the first time on Bloglovin and I love your post! I am so glad that I stopped in. I am now your newest follower. Happy 2020! May your year ahead be full of beautiful colors! If you love colors, you can "feel them".
LindaLee from http://lovenmystitches.blogspot.com/

Terri said...

What an unusual plant! I'd never heard of this one before. It's pretty!

I like reading your blog and welcome back to blogging!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I am excited to read along as you get back to blogging again! I am very interested in seeing what SAL you are going to host!!

That plant is beautiful! Even more special as it is a reminder of your mom...

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The Hoya is looking good, being kept in a water bottle was obviously good for it!
There's so many good SALs going on at the moment, it's a great way to get back into blogging.

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Bronny!
You visited me the other day but the link didn’t bring me to your blog. I’ve just found you via Cathy’s Crafty Cat blog!
I’m happy to “meet” you and hope to read more about your stitching! I’ll be your newest follower, hope you can come back and follow me too?
I’m so sad to read about the fires out there at the moment and wish you well. Keep safe, thinking of you all!
Barbara xx