Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Somebody also asked about the mini sewing machine - well surprise, surprise, it is only a little trinket box, something that hubby thought I'd like - and "don't be grumpy - I bought you something in a patchwork shop, didn't I?" It's a poly-resin box and I've no idea what to hide in it - too small for much, although I do tend to hang my earrings from it....(if you look closely at the top right of the machine, you'll see my favourite pair dangling - I'd wondered where I'd left them!)
more pic's soon.........enjoying reading your comments and your blogs....
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
Sunday, May 24, 2009
I'm thinking however, that my blog might have some 'issues' as it has not been showing all the gadgets down the side bar...I really hope I don't have to start again....
Is anybody having issues with my blog? Does the page open fully for you? Does it shut itself down? There are times when I have technical issues with gadgets - Computers/TV's/Radios/GPS'sssss - even watches stop unexpectedly when I wear them. (must be my 'magnetic' personallity.....
take care friends...
hopefully photos tomorrow
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
Here we go....this is what kicked me over into Serial Starterdom. I won these samplers I think last year sometime during the Online needlework show and have been waiting for the right time to stitch them. Now that I have some of these hand-dyed aida - it seems the time is now. I managed to stitch all the alphabet for the winter sampler in one evening - so theory is, the set of 4 should not take me long at all. (A wonderful thing theory is!)
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Even in a phone call earlier, I'd mentioned that I was not going to start any new project until I'd finished one of my current WIPs.........
Only a few short years ago, I'd been a faithful one-project-at-a-time girl. Then I discovered the internet and all the wonderful designers and charts available. Oh and the freebies! All mine for the exploring.... I discovered the joys of S.E.X. and only recently what it meant to be S.A.B.L.E.
This evening, being too dark to continue with Papillion's 2008 SAL, I picked up 'Forever in my Heart' - Four Seasons Samplers - I checked them all - no half stitches so I could use aida - perfect for night time stitching. I selected 4 subtle pieces of hand-dyed aida, and chose 4 reasonable colours for the winter sampler....and away I went.
Serial Starter-dom here I come...............
Friday, May 15, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
The sheer volume of work put out by some stitchers amazes me - this of course is balanced by those who are stressing that life is getting in the way of their stitching. Stitch when you can I always say..I even have an itty bitty bit of fabric and threaded needle sitting in my glasses case - why not? Its not as if I ever put my glasses in there!
I also found this little questionnaire on another blog. (Thanks Anna)I liked the simplicity of the questions which pertain to stitchers and thought I'd share it here - with my answers... (which is probably why it was started in the first place)
- Where did you learn to stitch? My grandma taught me young - I still have the applique'd pincushion I made at 5. As for cross-stitch-that was a skill taught at school at 12
- What is your favorite type of stitching? I'd call myself an obsessed cross stitcher. I don't mind the quickness of stitchery though
- How many years have you been stitching? - well if we were to subract 5 from my true age....it's younger than the age I admit to... let's just say - over 40
- What are your favourite threads to use? I would have to say DMC - mostly because that is what I've mostly stitched with - I'm enjoying the challenge of hand-dyed and varigated and would say I do like the feel of Caron Waterlilies - but then there are so many more to try.
- Have you tried any new technicques in the past year? If so which? I"m re-learning specialty stitches on the Papillion SAL - stitches I remember from the past, but not overly used. I did however, finally used a Ladder stitch to finish up an ornament - surprised at how simple it was and why did I not use it earlier!
- Do you prefer small or large projects? A bit of both - I like using small projects to break up the monotony of a large project. I also like the satisfaction of finishing a large project - when it happens. On that thoughtwave - define large !
- Any particular subject matter you prefer for your projects? Yikes - I love ornaments - they are so quick. I love band samplers. I don't tend to stitch photo quality projects. I like the primitive look of bent creek. Next year I'm thinking of dedicating the year to snowmen (can't see that happening - there are too many other charts rearing their heads)
- Where do you get your inspiration? For ornaments - I'd have to say Magazines. Internet freebies are great enablers too. Message boards and now Blogs - reading and seeing other stitchers projects and learning about new to me designers and charts - the 'gotta have that' list is growing daily
Whew! That's a mouthful for such a quiet morning....better get the family organised if we are to do all that is needed today.
Have a great weekend!
Friday, May 8, 2009
Middle Row Susan, Helen, Lee Ann, Melisa
Back Kristeen and Zoe.
Friday, May 1, 2009
My girlfriend enabled me some more last night - I called around to Karen's to show off my chookie quilt - as it all her fault that it got started in the first place......and left with another box of goodies...
More yummy fabric - aida and evenweave. Some more scrumptious silks and cottons and a large pile of charts and magazines - quite a few early Jill Oxtons. I need to work out just what there is that I cannot live without - I'll post pictures on Sunday.
Oh yes... the lovely lady on this post is my Mum - I don't know where the photo came from, but it lives on my computer at work. I lost her suddenly, 18months ago and miss her dearly. She is still with me daily.
I've decided that I WILL be offering up some of the extra charts in giveaways - My wedding anniversary is coming up soon - that's as good an excuse as any - I'm also waiting for a magic number of followers - that's not too far away now either.... We'll see what happens on Sunday when I get back from the GTG.